Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Author visits galore!

Every time I do an author visit I make new friends. Most of the time I make friends with kids and teachers, but recently I visited East Hanover Elementary as part of a district wide visit, and I made a new friend who wasn't even human. Perhaps I should have said that I had a new friend made for me? A really cool full size robot based on my book “The Robobots.” My overall experience at Lower Dauphin was really great. I was able to visit my brother in law’s school. He’s the principal at Nye Elementary. I also visited South Hanover, Conewago, and Londonderry Elementary Schools. The librarians and teachers did a great job preparing the kids for the visits. Great questions, even from the littlest ones, and they all seemed excited to learn a little bit about how books are created, from idea to completion. Fun! Fun! Fun!

No comments: